Monday, March 21, 2011

IN THIS STORM

Father, I sit and listen as outside the storm rages
I listen not at the storm as would others 
For in it I hear You, I hear You speak of Your love for me 
I sit in all this splendor and beauty, I hear the power of the storm 
The rain beats down and each drop seems to say
Can you not see how great I am, the love I have for you

In the storm I feel His might, and catch a glimpse of His heart
Oh, a God that created such a place, a place such as this
A God whose might rages forth in this storm
The rain pounds down, the wind blows through the trees
In my soul I feel the greatness of it all. 

And as the waves break on the shore so does His love on my heart 
This storm rages on outside, but in me too does it rage
And in my soul I wonder, how can I survive this might of His 
 A God whose rage is such, but also whose love is just as great
A place such as  this and I this storm its Him I see 

I ask of Him, your majesty, your mystery, sow to me
When all along it was there to see, in this beauty He has brought me to
But it took such a place as this and in this storm for me to see
 But see I do, His Majesty, His Mystery, His love for me

The beauty all around, the storm rages on 
But oh, my soul is quietly senses the peace within
I hear it howl outside as the wind blows the trees and the sea
Bit in my heart I know it is only God speaking to me
My majesty, my mystery don't you see
And in this storm I do, His love, His power I see

Poem by Henry King

No comments:

Post a Comment